Aegean blue minimalism fades into the crisp autumn air patched with the blood red hues of dying summer days. And as the sweet melancholy of rotting leaves and decay meets with October’s christening of golden leaves, it is time to sit by the fireplace and taste the sweetness of fruity wine. A brief interlude to nuzzle in the familiarity of an old friend stopping by before the long, cold days of winter.
1. Autumn drapes its majesty over Meteora, the hanging rocks over Kalambaka.
2. Milopotamos, Episkopi, a village in Crete
3. Kastoria, West Macedonia
4. Aoos Lake, an artificial lake in the Pindus mountain range, northwestern Greece.
5. Moutsalia Lake, a dragon lake
6. Voidomatis Lake at Zagorohoria, a cluster of 46 charming villages known as Zagorohoria.
7. Proud, imposing and untouched Tzoumerka mountain, Epirus
8. The towers of Atrakos and the Vikos gorge.
9. Chania, Crete
10. Stunning mountain village of Tsangarada, Pelion
11. Vikos Gorge, Epirus
12. Parga, a summer destination in Epirus
13. Rhodope, Thrace